Friday, May 22, 2009
WE FINALLY MADE IT!!!
We arrived yesterday at around 1 AM after three flights... one of them being especially long because of a 3 hour delay!! But, other than that we made it without any difficulties. We´ve had some orientation with our site director so we are getting to be a little more familiar with what we will be doing for the next couple of months. Heather and I are unfortunately not roomates but it´s okay because all of the other girls are really nice and welcoming. We had a delicious lunch today prepared by our cook, Angelita, complete with rice and a meat and bean sauce and some really yummy potatoes with spinach and peppers. The whole group went out to dinner tonight at the "Square burger"-- they were huge but totally to die for! It´s getting kind of late now and we both have an afternoon shift (but we have to go early for a little tour before) in the infant/toddler orphanage. Thanks for being so supportive!!! We love you and we´ll post again soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

HURRAY!!!! AND CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am sooo happy that you have finally made it. I hope that it is everything you hoped it would be. Sounds like the food is going to be great and you have met some new friends-WHAT AN ADVENTURE!! You are both awesome!!
ReplyDeleteYeah!! I am so excited for both of you as you start your adventure. Thanks for this great blog! I can't wait to see your next installment. Buena Suerte!
ReplyDeleteI can not describe how the next few months will change your life. I wish I could be back there with you! Live it up!
ReplyDeleteHI!!!!! I am so glad you made it safe!! I miss you guys and I think about you often!! I'm glad you guys have a blog! But i want personal emails often!! :) I miss you!!!
ReplyDeleteYippie, oh was I bummed when i found out I had slept through my alarm! :( . Do good and good will follow.
ReplyDelete